Nancy was born in Greenville, Tennessee, in 1966. She first attended college at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee but moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina after her Sophomore year. There she attended the University of South Carolina-Coastal Carolina College, studying history and graduating magna cum laude in 1991.
In 1993, she moved to Columbia, South Carolina, where she attended the University of South Carolina School of Law. She was a member of the South Carolina Law Review, the Order of Wig and Robe, the Order of the Coif, and was a legal writing instructor. She graduated cum laude in 1996 and was admitted to practice law in South Carolina in 1996 and in North Carolina in 1997.
Nancy began her professional career clerking for the Honorable Samuel H. Stilwell, judge of the South Carolina Court of Appeals. She practices in the area of bankruptcy law, representing both creditors and debtors in both consumer and commercial settings.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- South Carolina, 1996
- North Carolina, 1997
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- University of South Carolina Coastal Carolina College, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association, Member
- Richland County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, Member