As an active member of the South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association, Mr. Eric Reed stays current with the latest laws and techniques available to focus on the best possible results in processing your bankruptcy filing. With his membership in the American Bar Association and the South Carolina Bar Association, he has access to the finest legal resources to ensure he uses the best possible legal representation in pursuing your bankruptcy filing.
Mr. Reed has been practicing in the area of bankruptcy since 1999, deciding in 2005 to open Reed Law Firm, PA to provide you with the personalized service you deserve. Mr. Reed and his caring staff work hard to make sure all issues with your filing are handled with compassion, courtesy and professionalism as you begin a fresh start on your financial situation.
From your Free Initial Consultation, Mr. Reed and his staff walk you through the steps necessary to file for bankruptcy.
- First, he determines if bankruptcy is even the path to take. Sometimes bankruptcy is not necessary or not an option for your particular situation. If not, he will advise you on other alternatives.
- Once the decision is made to file for bankruptcy, he discusses with you which type makes sense for your situation, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
- A Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing wipes the slate clean, liquidating all of your non-exempt assets, if your situation qualifies. Even though it is liquidation, many assets are exempt, meaning the bankruptcy court cannot take them from you.
- A Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing helps you reorganize the payments of your debts over a 3-5 year period in a more affordable way, eliminating all other debts, while protecting most or all of your assets.
- He files the petition for your case and prepares you for counseling necessary after the filing is accepted by the court.
- After acceptance, he works with you to make sure that debts don't mount up again.
Areas of Practice
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- South Carolina, 1998
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- University of South Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member